This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting Anew

        Vacation's over for me.  It's back to the regular blog schedule and time to dive into the projects I've lined up for this month.  Some of you may still have a little vacation time left, but probably most of you are getting back into the regular non-holiday schedule.

         I must say that I'm tired, especially after my full day of airline travels on New Year's Day.   Fortunately, after mild celebrating on New Year's Eve, we had a mid-day flight out of Knoxville, TN which meant we did not have to get up too early. A few hours in the Atlanta airport was not devastating, but I wish there was a direct flight from Knoxville to L.A.  Maybe there is and I just didn't see it when I was booking my flights.

          I was happy that my prewritten articles posted successfully on auto-post since my access to computers was not always consistent.  However I must say that I found more access to computers than I had expected and I was able to publish comments on a pretty regular basis. I am especially appreciative to the wonderful Business center at Staybridge Suites Hotel in Eatontown, NJ; my sister Joy, who showed us a wonderful time at her house and gave me access to her computer; the beautiful library in Maryville, TN; and to George Lechelt, who let me use his computer during my visit to Maryville, TN.

          My thanks to all of you who stayed with my blog and made such wonderful comments.  Now with my full computer access restored I can go back to commenting on other blogs.  Someday I'm going to get that laptop I was hoping that Santa would leave under my tree.

          My brain is fried as I write this after travelling all day so I will keep this short.  I have no specific idea what will be on this week's agenda.  When I have had a good night's rest I'm sure I will gather my thoughts back together and be back on track.  For now I will merely sign off with:

Have a great weekend and Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safely - travel can really wipe you out! Enjoy some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear you made it home safely as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good trip. Were the check lines bad?

    Now get busy. Ok, Ok you can rest a bit. Actually if you are like me, writing is my rest. I'm so pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your well wishes. After a good night's sleep I feel much better, although I was dreaming of writing all night.

    The flights were as smooth and on schedule as can be. Even coming back security was a breeze and there were no problems in the flights. Of course, we were coming out of Knoxville, TN which is a small uncomplicated airport. There was a longer line at security and more people in the airport than I had ever seen in Knoxville, but it was nothing compared to the airport at a larger city.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the holidays, but I'm glad to get back to my regular routine as well! There's something unnerving about being out of schedule. I don't seem to be able to keep up with my day. I guess that means I'm either a person of routine or one in a rut! Whichever, I do like my routine. I accomplish more with my day in a routine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, glad you made it back home safely after your travels. Thank you for stopping by my blog, always nice to get to know new people! Sounds like you are a busy writing person, which is always inspiring. Will check out the archives for the 'dreaming' blogs. Go well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly were on the move. Glad you returned safely despite all the miserable weather over much of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good vacation is always refreshing...Happy new year...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were a wonderful guest. I had such a good time and you can visit me anywhere I am living next.

    Get back to work now so we can enjoy your writings.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee